This might look long and complicated, but it is really quick and easy 😉
1. Download, install and run WampServer.
No need to change any settings. Just next, next, next all the way 👍
2. Download WordPress.
3. Make a project folder named for example “test1” under
4. Extract all the content of the “WordPress zip file” to the “test1” folder.
5. Login to “phpmyadmin” at http://localhost/phpmyadmin/.
root as username and leave a blank password. Login.
6. Click on “Databases” and create a new database with the same name as your project (for example test1). Set the character collation to
wp-config-sample.php in notepad or equivalent. The file is located under
username_here with root and delete
password_here so there is no password.
define('DB_NAME', 'test1'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'root'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', ''); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
Save the file as
wp-config.php in the same file path.
8. Open http://localhost/test1/. Replace “test1” with the project name of your database.
9. Go through the configuration of WordPress.
Make sure you set
test1 as “table prefix” so that you can run multiple projects if you want that later.
10. After the configuration enter title, username, password etc…
11. Login to your WordPress site at http://localhost/test1/wp-admin/.
There you have it. You now have a development environment in which you can create WordPress sites. If you want to add another project all you have to do is to make a new folder under
C:\wamp64\www\, download WordPress to it and do the same steps as described.