This might look long and complicated, but it is really quick and easy 😉
1. Download, install and run WampServer. No need to change any settings. Just next, next, next all the way 👍
2. Download WordPress.
3. Make a project folder named for example “test1” under
4. Extract all the content of the “WordPress zip file” to the “test1” folder.
5. Login to “phpmyadmin” at http://localhost/phpmyadmin/. Enter
root as username and leave a blank password. Login.
6. Click on “Databases” and create a new database with the same name as your project (for example test1). Set the character collation to
wp-config-sample.php in notepad or equivalent. The file is located under
username_here with root and delete
password_here so there is no password. For example:
define('DB_NAME', 'test1'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'root'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', ''); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
Save the file as
wp-config.php in the same file path.
8. Open http://localhost/test1/. Replace “test1” with the project name of your database.
10. After the configuration enter title, username, password etc…
11. Login to your WordPress site at http://localhost/test1/wp-admin/.
There you have it. You now have a development environment in which you can create WordPress sites. If you want to add another project all you have to do is to make a new folder under
C:\wamp64\www\, download WordPress to it and do the same steps as described.